Monday, July 21, 2008

Let's rethink that halftime post...

After a few conversations with close friends of mine I have rethought my last post and apologize to anybody I might have offended. It is a rough time of year for a light tackle/fly captain trying to fish the waters I do once the commercial season starts. I have had to rethink my ways and places I fish to get away from the mayhem but that's just the way it is and probably always will be...I don't own the ocean anymore than anyone else and sometimes get caught up in the hype...Call it a midsummer breakdown or whatever but I had it this past week with every wireline boat in CCB pulling his outriggers over me. Out of state boats with coolers stacked on deck giving up the finger when asked to please give us some leeway when making a drift over the edge. I will say this....Commercial bass should be left to the residents of the state and nobody else....That in itself would make my job alot easier this time of year!...So once again...apologies to those, especially anyone local who I might have offended that have been doing this longer than I have lived in MA.
The bluefishing has been nothing short of world class if you could put bluefish in that category.....We have had topwater bites for hours at a time away from the crowds. Most anglers want bass but I have convinced a few that this fishery is quite a thrill on the fly and light tackle. Bass fishing picked up strong the past two days and we will see where it goes from here....Tuna are still in their funk but are continually being caught here and there if you happen to be in the right place at the right time....
Till next tide.....

No comments: