Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting close.......

to the end of the season up here on Cape Cod.....The weather is what keeps us from getting out everyday. We are averaging two weather windows per week the past couple weeks. The next window appears to be wed-fri. I am trying to keep the ol girl fish ready as long as I can but do imagine that we will probably be finished by the end of the first week in Nov. By that time I will have a TON of fall work to do around the homestead as well as pull my traps and get the boat cleaned up and covered for the frickin winter that we all so hate around here. I had planned and worked at being in the Bahamas this winter managing a lodge but that all fell through so it looks like another winter is headed our way out here....
More than anything I would like to get in the bow one more time this season and try and stick a big bluefin on feathers.....We will see if that opportunity presents itself in the next few weeks....
OYSTERFESTIVAL in Wellfleet is this weekend and I think im gonna go down and see if I can find that mystery open keg behind the shucking stage...;)

No comments: