Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oooh it sucks man

the weather that is......At least the old girl is getting a nice fresh water bath the past few days. It's dark and dreary and the heat is on. I can't help but wonder what the tuna are doing during this storm....Did they hunker down and chew deep? Did they gather themselves up and slide down the shipping lanes to less stormy and warmer waters? Or are they on a massive pig fest with bait spraying out of the water with grins from ear to ear knowing there are no boats trolling over them? Who knows...but I can't help but wonder.
Next week is shaping up. I am booked wed-sun...It would be great to get all 5 days in but somehow I doubt it do to the law of averages in the month of Oct. I am still frothing at the mouth on that 200lb tuna on the fly quest. I may still get my day in the bow yet!! There are many indicators that the season is winding down....I know some folks talk about the days getting shorter and colder but one of the things a fishing guide notices first is that his cell phone is not going off every 10 minutes. I still pick it up as much and flip it open to see if I have a missed call or two but the subconscious tells me that the season is nearing its end. I also notice my trips to the Goose Hummock Shop where I do most of my buisnes are infrequent where in season I generally am there at least twice a week picking up supplies....
Crap folks, 2009 is winding down.....It just seems like it got started........

No comments: