Thursday, July 23, 2009

Holy butt fart batman!

Today I had Mike and Bill Barton onboard.. This is their third year fishing with me and we always manage to have a great time. Mike is a diehard fly guy and Bill throws the spin with the best of them. They booked me for wed but being a commercial day and having more pressure on the fish than I would like I decided to try and push it to Friday...Fridays weather looks like it could be nasty so we opted for today a commercial day as well...
Long story short, I have never seen so many commercial bass people in all my years fishing the gounds as I did today....Mostly eeling, but there was wire line jigging , tube and worming and *US*!!....I tried my damndest to stay out of the armada and actually found several pods of fish but as soon as we had a bent rod we were surrounded with eelers....We got 5 nice keepers and decided that was enough and went and had some PHENOMENAL top water bluefish action all by ourselves....Teased up bluefish then casting a fly popper or slider in is way too much fun...We ended the day on a great note and had alot of fun with the yellow eyed devils...
On another note, I finally ordered a new radar and gps unit....Make a little...spend alot...Seems to be the story of my season to date!!

No comments: